Big Oak Psychotherapy Training Institute
Prevention, Identification, and Treatment of Trauma Symptoms
(1/2-day or full day)
Big Oak provides half day or full day trainings on-site at your organizations. These trainings focus on the identification and prevention of trauma symptoms and on treatment for post-traumatic stress symptoms. They will be tailored to your organization’s specific needs.
Dr. Alter-Reid is passionate about “treating our own” and helping to educate first response organizations, including mental health practitioners, so that post-trauma symptoms can be prevented and/or treated immediately following traumatic incidents.
Recent presentations have been made to:
- The Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association (NY)
- CT Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection
- National Association of Social Work
- FBI (CT)
- CT State Police
- Stamford Fire Department
- Tulane School of Social Work
- Newtown Youth & Family Services
- City of Stamford